Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Pope Vs. The Donald | The American Conservative

From the article: 
It is interesting to consider that Francis is all "who am I to judge?" when it comes to gays and lesbians, but is willing to read people out of Christianity for opposing open borders to immigration.
 
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/the-pope-vs-the-donald-trump-immigration/

This is getting pretty wild.  Who is a Catholic?  What do you think of this Pope and this statement about Trump? 

I don't profess to follow any religion.  I do believe in  the fundamental moral teachings of Judeo-Christian philosophy.  I believe there is a greater God, just not sure how to describe him in terms of any of today's active religions.  

I don't know for sure if Trump is a Christian or not.  Only Trump really knows.  But, for the Pope to pass this kind of judgement is really quite partisan and judgmental and maybe not Christian.  I think the Pope is quite out of line here.

Mike Roark

Disqus Comments