Sunday, February 14, 2016

Commonsense & Wonder: The delegation of broad powers to the bureaucracy is now clearly out of hand.

From the article: 
Despite the fact that the Constitution sets forth three branches of government, each with discrete powers and limitations -- the executive, legislative, and judicial -- various agencies, boards, bureaus, departments that today make up the federal administrative state often render the roles and powers of those branches nugatory.
 
http://commonsensewonder.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-delegation-of-broad-powers-to.html

Nugatory is a new word for me.  I had to look it up.  It means what I suspected it did from the context of the sentence.

I stumbled across this article and it links to my comment in response to Tom Mannle where I said I was suspect of government organization and thought them to be pretty useless and rife for nannyism and control.