Friday, October 10, 2014

Vapid Hollywood Person: If Only We Could Give Obama Untrammeled Power!

Vapid Hollywood Person: If Only We Could Give Obama Untrammeled Power!:

Obama is in town, and it’s time for mindless Hollywood morons to rhapsodize about him:

“You’re so handsome that I can’t speak properly,” the actress, singer and food writer gushed after introducing Obama to several hundred supporters seated on white fold-out chairs in the lush backyard of her home in the movie star haven of Brentwood, a neighborhood in Los Angeles…

Paltrow noted the approaching Nov. 4 midterm elections in which Democratic control of the Senate is at risk. She called it a “critical time” for Democrats and seemed to urge everyone to vote. “It would be wonderful if we were able to give this man all of the power that he needs to pass the things that he needs to pass,” she said.
He’s doing his best to give it to himself.

Look: theories about presidents not being kings are for the Little People. And, as Gwyneth says: “I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”

The cults we build in this country, around power and fame, are disgusting. When I hear about parties like this, I think to myself: how much would I pay not to have to spend an evening with people like that? I’m afraid the number easily goes into three digits, and that’s before the decimal point.

Final thought: when Obama is in town, I am never happier to be living waaaay south in Palos Verdes. Not one second of my commute is affected by that guy. If it were, nobody would want to be around me. Trust me.